Embed a Youtube Video in Microsoft Powerpoint
On YouTube, find the video that you want to insert.
- Below the video frame, click Share, and then click Embed. (If you neglect to click Embed, you’ll end up copying the wrong code.)
- Right-click the iFrame embed code, and click Copy.
If the highlighted text that you copy begins with “http”, STOP. It’s the wrong code to copy. Return to step 2 and click Embed:
- In PowerPoint 2010, click the slide that you want to add a video to.
- On the Insert tab, click Video > Video from Web Site.
- In the Insert Video from Web Site dialog box, paste the embed code, and then click Insert.
- A video rectangle is placed on your slide, which you can move and resize as you like. To preview your video on your slide, right-click the video rectangle, select Preview, and then click the play button on the video.
NOTE: If your video doesn’t embed correctly, double-check that you have installed the required Office updates.
- Switch to the Playback tab of the ribbon to make choices about how and when the video plays:
For details on these options, such as starting the video automatically or playing the video full-screen, see Set the ‘Playback’ options for a video in your presentation.